Safety First, Always.
As our center re-opens to serve children 6 weeks to 12 years old, all our staff are going through training on health and safety practices that we are implementing to create a new standard within childcare.
Some of our new policies, procedures, and protocols include:
– Wellness Check Station: Outside the main entrance of our facility, we will take and record each child’s temperature, confirm from the parents that no symptoms have been observed, and sanitize the child’s hands. We will then escort each child to their classrooms so parents do not have to come inside the building. Staff members temperatures will also be taken upon arrival.
– Protective equipment: All staff will be wearing masks when inside the building.
– Sanitizing and Disinfecting: Toys, playground equipment, door handles, countertops, and other high-touch surfaces will be regularly disinfected throughout the day. We will be pausing the use of any toy or equipment that is difficult to clean.
– Stricter sick policies: Instead of the usual 48 hours, we will be requiring 72 hours symptom free without medication before returning to the center.
– Valet pick up/drop off procedures: Parents will be allowed to call ahead before drop off or pick up to ensure that we are ready for their child. Parents will also be given the option to have a coffee or pre-packaged snack to go ready for them upon their arrival.
– Social Distancing: Our staff area will only be allowed to have one staff member at a time and will be cleaned and disinfected after each use. Staff will maintain at least 6 feet distance from each other.
– Naptime adjustment: Older children will have at least 6-foot distance between nap cots and will be positioned alternating head to toe or toe to toe. Bedding will be washed on-site every day. No personal nap time items will be allowed from home to help prevent germs in the center.
– Summer camp: Our summer camp will no longer include field trips or visitors coming from outside. Don’t worry, we still have plenty to keep them busy! A large gymnasium, playground, and Friday splash pad days!
We are truly committed to the health and safety of our children, families, and staff. If you have any questions about our new policies, procedures, and protocols, please don’t hesitate to reach out!